Limited Edition - Out of production
The Limited Edition GameBalls have all been sold. Thank you all for the support.
GameBall is the world’s first trackball mouse developed specifically for the computer gamer. It's unique design, gaming specific features and high-end components distinguish it from all other trackballs on the market today.
The GameBall Limited Edition features include:
- Precise fingertip control
- Unique ambidextrous design
- Precision optical sensor with pinpoint accuracy
- Responsive and highly durable buttons
- Innovative touch scroll pad (horizontal and vertical)
- Carbon black with a red base and red ball
- LED lighting
- 6 ergonomic buttons
- Built to last with gaming-grade components
- Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Popular Linux distributions
- Chrome OS
- Android 5 or later
- Wired USB cable connection (70 in / 178 cm)
- Ergonomically ambidextrous
- High resolution optical sensor (PixArt)
- Native CPI/DPI Resolutions: 400, 800, 1200, 2000, 3000
- Plug and Play installation
- Ceramic bearings
- Dimensions: 162mm (6.4 inches), 119mm (4.7 inches), 52mm (2 inches)
- Red ball: size 38.1mm (1.5 Inches)
- Weight: 230 grams (.5 pounds)
- Omron switches
- 1000hz polling rate
- Manufactured in the United Kingdom
Not just for gaming
- Fully capable everyday trackball mouse
- Reduced repetitive fatigue
- Fast and easy website navigation
- Precision tracking for 3D design and CAD work
- Less desk space needed than a traditional mouse
- Low stress on your arm and shoulder
- Horizontal scrolling for easy music and video editing
- Simple to clean and maintain
US Patent No. D932492
I am not a gamer, but I have arthritis and daily compute use leaves me in discomfort even when I am wearing compression gloves. This has been great and reduced the pain immensely. Previous trackballs I have tried did not have the touch I needed and required much more scrolling.
I have been using the Limited Edition GameBall for about 8 months now. I use it at work every day. I have enjoyed it so much that I want one for use at home.
I like this Gameball because it's quality but for me there's one problem. I have big hands and I can't use it precisely. I'm used to the Elecom Huge which was the perfect size for me but this one is just to small. I can't wait for the next model maybe bigger and not ambidextrous.
I know this was built by gamers for gamers, but it honestly could be considered the best disability adaptive device out there. Repetitive stress injuries and compressed nerve issues are quite common with those of us who have been at a keyboard for well over 40 years, and these ailments are probably quite common with gamers too.
20 years ago I had to stop using a mouse, and ended up switching to a trackball. While it was definitely an improvement and prevented some irritation of prior injuries, it introduced a new issue - stress and pain from constantly having to use my thumb on the trackball. No matter how I positioned the trackballs, they would all end up aggravating my thumb, then my wrist, then my elbow and eventually my shoulder. It was still better than a mouse, but was not a optimal solution.
When I first saw the GameBall, I was intrigued and hopeful.
After purchasing the GameBall (and after a brief learning curve) I began using it with my MacBook Pro for my day to day computing needs, and during some gaming sessions with my family. I immediately noticed that the pain and fatigue that would normally set in around 20 -30 minutes of gaming - never showed up.
I have now been using it for the past many months, and I am convinced that this device could help so many others out there with prior repetitive stress injuries, or even help prevent people from getting them to begin with.
In my opinion, I have found the best ergonomic device out there!
This is the first trackball I've found worthy of replacing my Microsoft Trackball Explorer--a 2001 trackball with a cult following. Of course the Gameball has a ton more functionality but it's also the first trackball I've found to get the shape, button placement, and scroll configuration all in the right places. I'm not a gamer, but the Gameball increases my efficiency running a business with my iMac. I absolutely love it!!!